Monday, June 30, 2008

The Stars in Anaheim are Big and Bright!

Blogging Anaheim Button

I realize after I publish this post,
I will no longer get sympathy from you wonderful readers!
All of these were taken this morning,
and I had to immediately return to the hotel for a shower.
My hair is literally wringing wet with sweat!
Notice the red blotchy neck and chest;
plus, pasty pale face.


Oh, but don't tell the writers!
This first photo is handsome and young Brian Selznick,
Holding his 2008 Caldecott Medal Winner,
The Invention of Hugo Cabret!


Second up is the lovely Ellen Levine and handsome Kadir Nelson!
Their book Henry's Freedom Box is a 2008 Caldecott Honor! The book is right above Miss Levine's head on the poster.

What is missing is the photo of handsome Christopher Paul Curtis!
I'm not sure what happen, but the photo is no where in memory!
His book Elijah of Buxton won the Coretta Scott King Award
and the Newbery Honor for 2008!

All these books will be given to the Como Public Library
to be handed to the big readers of the summer of 2008.

This last photo I am being totally greedy!
I wanted Sherman Alexie's book all for myself!
I booktalked his The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
and fell in love with main character Junior.

Oh, and Dang if Mister Alexie isn't handsome, too!

18 comments: