Monday, June 30, 2008

The Stars in Anaheim are Big and Bright!

Blogging Anaheim Button

I realize after I publish this post,
I will no longer get sympathy from you wonderful readers!
All of these were taken this morning,
and I had to immediately return to the hotel for a shower.
My hair is literally wringing wet with sweat!
Notice the red blotchy neck and chest;
plus, pasty pale face.


Oh, but don't tell the writers!
This first photo is handsome and young Brian Selznick,
Holding his 2008 Caldecott Medal Winner,
The Invention of Hugo Cabret!


Second up is the lovely Ellen Levine and handsome Kadir Nelson!
Their book Henry's Freedom Box is a 2008 Caldecott Honor! The book is right above Miss Levine's head on the poster.

What is missing is the photo of handsome Christopher Paul Curtis!
I'm not sure what happen, but the photo is no where in memory!
His book Elijah of Buxton won the Coretta Scott King Award
and the Newbery Honor for 2008!

All these books will be given to the Como Public Library
to be handed to the big readers of the summer of 2008.

This last photo I am being totally greedy!
I wanted Sherman Alexie's book all for myself!
I booktalked his The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
and fell in love with main character Junior.

Oh, and Dang if Mister Alexie isn't handsome, too!

18 comments:

jenclair said...

Oh, lucky, lucky you! I'm so envious of your opportunities to meet and mingle!

Anonymous said...

Nice books but a beautiful librarian makes them even better ! :-)

Joy said...

Fun, Fun, Fun!

Tiffany Norris said...

How exciting! I'm a little jealous...but more happy for you! Glad you're having fun!

Stella said...

You're right--no more sympathy from me!! It seems you're having way too much fun rubbing elbows with the authors. (Envy rears its ugly head...) Glad the trip wasn't a TOTAL bust!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of you, especially meeting Sherman Alexie. I just read The Absolutely True Story of a Part-Time Indian, which I loved. I didn't realize he was the screenwriter for one of my favorite movies Smoke Signals until recently. My review probably will be up later today of the aforementioned book.

Isabel said...

Continue your adventures in book land.

Diane said...

Hope you are enjoying your stay in Anaheim!

Vasilly said...

Oh I wish I could have been there. Brain Selznick is gorgeous. I hope you're feeling better and can enjoy this fantastic weather today.

April said...

Oh how awesome!!!! I wish I had been there right along with you, lol!

April said...

I was going to mention that I really really want to read The Invention of Hugo Cabret. It sounds like such a great book. I have it order from CBOMC, but it has been backordered for about 3 months, so I may just have to break down and get it somewhere else, lol!

Iliana said...

Look at you hobnobbing with literary stars! Very jealous :)

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Maggie, you are the cutest lady! I've always wondered what you look like, clear on the other side of the US. . .and thanks for all the new titles!

sage said...

Sounds like fun--I just got back from a trip to CA, but the northern end. I did get to meet a few authors too, but the meetings made up for the fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for really rubbing it in that you met Sherman Alexie on my blog. I mean, REALLY, thanks a lot, lady. ;)

Bookfool said...

Oh, wow, what fun! You lucky chick! Sherman Alexie gets the most envy points. I love, love, loved The Absolutely True Story of a Part-Time Indian. So did my youngest! :)

Tricia said...

I'm so jealous you are at ALA. I told my husband I'm going next year. (In extreme irony, I was actually in town this past weekend too.) I'm just finishing up my MLIS at Rutgers, through their online program. Just two weeks to go! Woo hoo!

maggie moran said...

Thanks Jenclair! You would have something to add to the conversation while I just drool! ;D

Thanks Paul! I figured you might like a picture! ;)

Joy it was! So much so, I felt faintish! :D

Ah, but you get to pose with Fred all the time Tiffany! Who's a jelly bean? ;D

This was one of the high-lights for shure, Stella! ;)

It was just one of those things, JAReadingFool! At the right place at the right time with camera! ;)

I'm so behind, WW100! I wrote up all the conference meetings and haven't posted them. Needs to get to crackin'! ;D

It was okay, but better if I had felt like doing squat Diane. Next time! ;)

Man, the weather was wonderful Vasilly! I enjoyed having the mild light breezes during all my sweating episodes, and I could find a nice sunny spot during the chills. ;D

I would send you my copy April, but it is promised to an eager little reader at the Como Public Library. Next time! ;)

I'm rubbin' elbows hoping some authorship will rub off, Iliana! ;)

7VillageIdiarts - You have got to share TIoHC to your kids! Maybe a couple of nights of bedtime reading, and they will love it! ;)

Will I be reading about said authors, Sage? I do look forward to those pics! ;)

Just a Reading Fool - Heehee! ;D

I'm pretty sure there is a lot of truth in his book, Bookfool. Autobiographical in nature. :D

How exciting, Tricia! A new librarian in the mix! I love it! Congrats!!! :)