Sunday, June 29, 2008

California is the Place I have to Be!

Blogging Anaheim Button

Day two and I am still alive but barely. I'm extremely weak and finding it really hard to stand in lines. I blogged a conference meeting, but I didn't publish it thinking it a little unreadable. I'll clean it up when I clear up.

I attended the Outstanding Books for College Bound yesterday, too. I took a day quill sort of gel tab. I couldn't get the second one down, and after 5 minutes I was feeling almost human. Funny thing, my tongue stung. We did some great work and don't have to meet today! They both loved Devil's Teeth! It is such a fun book and I feel worthy to be included in the Science and Technology section.

I must tell you about my dreams last night. I'm sure it was my fever and the close proximity to Hollywood, but I dreamt about different sitcoms and their perfect endings. So, every dream was a different sitcom, and I would wake up with the perfect ending. After 12 of these I figured I had done the whole fall line-up and had nothing else to do. That was around 2:45, the rest of my dreams made no sense so I figure the fever must have gotten real high. I feel I may have lost 10 lbs in sweat. Oh, sweaty, delusional me!

10 comments:

tcs said...

Girl, you take care of yourself!

CJ said...

Ahhh, the sucks! I hope you're well on your way to feeling better!

cjh

Lana said...

I drove through Mississippi on Friday and thought about you. It's a pretty state :)

Stella said...

Sounds like a lousy weekend overall. Hope you're feeling better today.

I re-visited Susan Casey's Devil's Teeth through your link to the review. When I read that book, I just could not imagine people spending months, even years, on the Farallones. Just getting up to the house where they stayed, as Casey relates, sounded harrowing. I'm not so sure I could sit in a boat out in the middle of a shark and seal blood frenzy, either, without freaking out. Loved the book though!

Anonymous said...

Maggie post a pic of the most beautiful librarian in the state of Mississippi - YOU !!

maggie moran said...

Thank you, Treasure. I'm feeling a little stronger mentally, but my body is still pretty weak.

Thanks, CJ. *SNEEZE* *SNEEZE* I just did that, not joking! :)

Sorry to miss you TXMommy! I promise to do your meme when I get back home. This is the first day I felt up to commenting back on my blog. It will take a couple more days before I'm ready to read my bloglines! :)

Stella - that sums it up.

They were very brave, Stella. I think they understood the peril by naming their little boat, Dinner Plate. I think college bound kids should know in science the world is still open to interpretation. Here these scientist were studying birds and stumbled upon the secret lives of great whites!

Paul - You do not want a picture of me now, but you did make me feel better. Maybe, my power is only in Mississippi! :D

Thanks, Tiffany! And look at that picture! *coughy giggles*

Debi said...

Oh Maggie, you poor, poor thing! Hope by the time you read this, you're feeling like a new woman. Or better yet, just the pre-sick version of Maggie.

maggie moran said...

Debi - I am feeling much better. The headache flairs every so often, but I can stand a little longer and eat. I just devoured a grilled cheese like it was manna from heaven! :)

Nan said...

Very funny dreams. Were they real sitcoms? If so, it would be worthwhile to write down what you remember and compare. :<)

maggie moran said...

Oh, Nan! I was staying at the Disneyland Hotel and they were made up Disney sitcoms like Hannah Montana which I have never watched! It had to be b/c I flipped through the TV before falling asleep. You know, we should write down our dreams. I forget them after getting up.