Sunday, June 07, 2009

Haiku Review Time


Ready to win an autographed hardback of Mudbound by Hillary Jordan?
Why Maggie, I don't know nothin' 'bout writin' no hi-kus!
Don't be silly! We won't follow those stiff Japanese rules. No need to mention the season or what happens to be bloomin' in the backyard. Let's keep it simple and use the 5-7-5 format, as in 5 syllables for the first line, 7 syllables for the second, and 5 for the ending. Place your Southern Haiku in a post then leave a post specific URL on Mister Linky here. One may enter as many times as a haiku is written for southern books read this summer. Contest ends July 31, 2009.
For fun, you may choose not to tell the book's title and let bloggers guess. Here is an example of one I recently read. Too easy, huh?!?
The quick brown fox jumps
amazingly over the
la*y dog sans z.

12 comments:

Tiffany Norris said...

Fun! Here is my post:
http://tiffanynorris.blogspot.com/2009/06/southern-haiku-mansion.html
Did I miss the Mister Linky somewhere?

maggie moran said...

Huh? Can you see it now Tiffany? I went over to Mister Linky's blog and he asks that I delete the header. Done, but I saw Mister Linky before the change? I went ahead and entered your post and now I'm off to read it!!! Yay!!!

Wanda said...

hard to summerize
a book in only three lines
gave it my best shot

Sharon said...

Mines up! I'm not a good poetm Haiku or otherwise!

Sharon said...

UH....That should be "poet"....where did that m come from??

maggie moran said...

Wanda! You are having way too much fun! ;D

That's right Sharon! You stink at poetm but your poetry is great! ;D

Nancy said...

Are we supposed to post the haiku on our blog and just put the link in the comment? That's what I'll try to do. Let me know if I am wrong!

Nancy said...

Mine's here: http://www.discriminatingreader.com/

crochet lady said...

Hi, maggie, entered the contest. I posted the poem on my blog.

Jen

Nancy said...

Here's my second posting: http://www.discriminatingreader.com/2009/07/southern-summer-reading-challenge.html

maggie moran said...

Sorry Nancy! Mister Linky needed an atitude adjustment! ;D

Paul said...

Down here in Dixie
Words flow like warm molasses
Dripping off the tongue.