Saturday, February 03, 2007

Non-Fiction Five Challenge

Yippee! New challenge out there, sponsored by Joy at Thoughts of Joy, that I can handle! Read five non-fiction books between the months of May-September.

In five months I will probably read twenty books easy. BUT, here comes the problem, I can't predict what titles they will be.

First, I get ideas from two great non-fiction bloggers: Rick at Ricklibrarian & Nonanon at NRA. Second, I order star reviewed non-fictions from Booklist, Library Journal, and Choice. Third, I write for the newspapers and usually pick books along topical/holiday ideas. Lastly, the newer the book the better, and since this challenge calls for an up-front list, new books may not be included.

Here goes my list...

  1. The Lemon Tree by Sandy Tolan
  2. Manhunt by James Swanson
  3. Mockingbird by Charles J. Shields
  4. Oracle Bones by Peter Hessler
  5. Things I Didn't Know by Robert Hughes

14 comments: