Friday, December 29, 2006

Page 123 meme

The instructions are as follows:

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, go down to the fifth sentence.
3. Post the text of the next three sentences on your blog.
4. Name of the book and the author.
5. Tag three people.
I'm currently reading How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster. I graciously accepted Kimbofo of Reading Matters open call to participate, because I thought the passages insightful.

"Here as elsewhere, one does well to remember that writing literature is an exercise of the imagination. And so is reading it. We have to bring our imaginations to bear on a story if we are to see all the possibilities; otherwise it's just about somebody who did something."

Again, I'll not tag anyone, but feel free to do this meme if you wish.

2 comments:

kimbofo said...

So glad you accepted the call to participate! You're right -- this is a terrific quote. The book sounds interesting, too.

maggie moran said...

I'm loving this book! Each chapter has been eye opening and I think college kids could read it and not be so intimidated by classics.

I'll admit, I snuck it out of Books-A-Million in a brown paper bag...lest someone know my shame. ;D