Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bookworm Award and Meme

Two fabulous women have graciously awarded me the Bookworm Award and Meme. Much thanks to Wisteria at Bookworm's Dinner and Lynne at Lynne's Little Corner of the World.
I am so honored!

Like I wrote, this is an award and meme. For the meme one must pick up the closest book near them and turn to page 56. Once there, skip to sentence five and write it down; plus, a few more sentences as they occur in order to tempt other readers. Pretty easy-peasy!

I am currently reading a nonfiction book for juvenile readers. The title is Good Masters! Sweet Ladies! written by Laura Amy Schlitz and illustrated by Robert Byrd. Page 56, sentence five reads as follows:

My mother –
what would she say
if she knew
I wasted time in the
woods with a Jew?

The book is a unique study of Medieval Times using children to portray members of society such as Otho, the miller's son, and Lowdy, the varlet's child. On page 56 we encounter a play involving Jacob Ben Salomon, the moneylender's son, and Petronella, the merchant's daughter. This book won the prestigious Newbery Award in 2008.

Now I need to tag others for this award and meme. You needn't participate if you would rather not do this type of thing, but I thought you might have fun; plus, I like keeping up with your readings.. I am thinking…

Rick at Rick the Librarian, Sage at Musings, Nan at Letters from a Hill Farm, Mo at Inside Mo's Mind, and Vixen at Vixen's Daily Reads

2 comments:

Vasilly said...

Congrats, Maggie! I love your blog!

maggie moran said...

Thanks, Vasilly!