Thursday, December 23, 2010

Moveable Feast

Still reading Pat Conroy's My Reading Life and I am taking my time in the Paris section. Yes, it is taking me an extra long time to read a short memoir, but there is this thing called Christmas that demands I do other things...

I got a new Reference & User Services Quarterly in the mail yesterday. Picking it up this morning, I notice two hot topic articles that had the potential to wake my brain. Well, they did indeed spark some thought, and as I skimmed the next page I read Brad Hooper's name as guest columnist. He works for Booklists and is a great source for new readings!

In Hooper's RUSA article he talks about our love for food and travel writing. In the article he quotes Hemingway as an early understander of combining the two pleasures.

"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast."

I love it when different sources of reading seem to tie together! Oh, and check out this website where I got Marc Chagall's Eiffel Tower Serenade.

No comments: