Sunday, November 02, 2008

New Web 2.0 for Travelers!



I thought this a neat concept. Blog about where you have been and where you want to go. I'm going to play around with it and see if I can get quality recommendations from other members.

Hubby and I spend a couple of weeks exploring new destinations each year. Why not share our best haunts with others. I can gain 20lbs in two weeks with all the restaurants we visit, and would it not be great to tell people about our best meals.

One restaurante in Piza, so exclusive it seats 20 people, became our secret pleasure. Our first night, right off the 13 hour flight, we found ourselves lost in the maze of old town. We weren't frantic, but we were hungry. So hungry that the horrid calf nerves appetizer had a certain warm tang which in any other establishment would have been luke-warm snot. That night we stumbled into a local favorite, the kind of place locals don't tell touristas about, and we ate our most exquisite meals in all of Italia. We ate there three more times, when we found ourselves in the area. Our last night we joined the college kids in the tiny piazza 12 feet from the door in a wine tasting event. Our experience might be just what a new traveler to Italy wants to hear.

As you can guess, we have toured these states, provinces, and countries.

6 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

What a great idea. How fun!

maggie moran said...

Mary - I'm pretty excited to find this site. I love to travel! :)

sage said...

When I first saw the map, I thought, "where are the blue states?" This election has been over. My mainland US would be all red except for RI, don't know how I've managed to miss it.

maggie moran said...

I think you need to make a special trip to RI, Sage. What about Canada? Would it be all red? Ew, I would love to see your world travel, too. I could do a Gulf of Mexico map, but I don't want to brag about all the lovely places I was less human and more lobster. :)

Diane said...

I love this!

maggie moran said...

Try it out Diane. :)