Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Need Your Help!


Hillary Joran, author of Mudbound, agreed to a bloggie interview! Yippee! Now I'm no reporter and I need your help. Those of you who have read the book, can you think of anything you would like to ask her?
So far I have...

1. Are there plans for a continuation of the characters in Mudbound in another book?
2. Did you draw characteristics of the people in Mudbound from people you know or stories heard?
3. Why did you decide to create so many narrators to tell the story?
4. Why did you choose to omit Pappy's voice from the narrative?
5. Do you have any Mississippi ties?
6. Why use Mississippi as a setting? Is there something specific in the story that wouldn't fit anywhere else?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are really great questions...I am not good at interviewing. That's why I don't do very many.

maggie moran said...

This will be my first J. Kaye. I look forward to her answers. :)

Unknown said...

Maggie, I am Hillary Jordan's mother. Ask her about the decision to create so many narrators to tell the story. Good luck! Anita Jordan

maggie moran said...

Why thank yew, Anita! I will! ;D