Friday, April 25, 2008

I'm Challenged!

_____I decided to take on a couple of challenges for the summer.

First, I joined Joy at Thoughts of Joy for her 2nd annual Nonfiction Five Challenge. I vow to read 5 nonfiction books between the months May - September. Not really a challenge (I love NF) but a chance for me to gain a sense of accomplishment. You know, build my self-esteem. :D


Secondly, I joined a new (to me) blogger, Jeff at BearCastle, for his Science Book Challenge. For this challenge one has all year to read three science books. Jeff has been very helpful and his Book Notes section is excellent.

I've not spoken of this, but I'm a committee member of the Outstanding Books for the College Bound and Lifelong Learners for American Libraries Association. Within this committee I am on a smaller Science and Technology subcommittee which will pick 25 S&T books for the list. So far we have 5 books we are considering, and we pick in June. Please, if you have any suggestion, leave a comment.

Thirdly, (and I'm so sorry I forget) I joined Nyssaneala at Book Haven's Neustadt Prize Challenge. This will be a real challenge for me! I'll try to read Remembering Babylon by David Malouf 2000 winner, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez 1972 winner, and I'm Not Stiller by Max Frisch 1986 winner.

Lastly, I'll be crankin' up the 2nd Annual Southern Reading Challenge soon! Stay tuned for further announcements.

28 comments: