Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"Como Blues" Article Rejected

The previous post, "Como Reading Blues" was rejected by the PR department for my weekly column. Rightly, so I must add. It better serves as a letter to the editor as was pointed out to me. Northwest, the institution where I work, remains uncommitted to political views. Within the article, I proudly placed its name which could be interpreted as consenting to my point.

My point with the article is this, I blame no one or nothing. I think it is a mixture, mash-up if you like new fangled words, of a little bit of everything. Something that cannot be fixed overnight, and I feel plain guilty. Why didn't I do more while I was where I was...

My answer, as if reading fixes all, is to start reading to your kid(s). The sooner the better!

7 comments: