Monday, July 30, 2007

Contest Ends 12AM...

Just a quick reminder, the Sense of Place Contest ends tomorrow night at the stroke of twelve. I currently have seven participants providing a 1 in 7 chance someone will win the Autographed Copy of Martin Clark's Plain Heathen Mischief! See the side bar for details...

Long before I knew that Tobacco Road was a work of fiction, it existed for me as a scrap of fictional geography, vague but real, and I shuddered to imagine its inhabitants.

~ Lewis Nordan

Fiction:
Music of the Swamp (1991)
Wolf Whistle (1993)
The Sharpshooter Blues (1995)
Lightning Song (1997)

Nonfiction:
Boy with Loaded Gun: A Memoir (2000)

5 comments:

Eva said...

hi Maggie! I've entered the contest at the following post:
http://astripedarmchair.blogspot.com/2007/07/delta-wedding-thoughts-and-sense-of.html

(it's the top post on my blog)

maggie moran said...

Great, Eva! Good luck! Oh, love the photo! :D

Kelly said...

Thanks for the reminder. I almost missed it since I've been out of town!

maggie moran said...

Great, Kelly! You are a last minute girl! :D

Anonymous said...

Maggie I am reading "The Man In The Basement" by Walter Mosley - great book.