Saturday, December 30, 2006

Reading Round Table Books!

Reading Round Table is a monthly book forum for adults in the Northwest Mississippi Community College service area. Anyone interested in reading and discussing a variety of books is welcome to join other lifelong learners the last Monday of each month at the RC Pugh Library on the Senatobia campus. Discussions, led by faculty and friends, begin promptly at 2 p.m.

January 29, 2007
Waltzing at the Piggly Wiggly
by Robert Dalby
Discussion led by the author Robert Dalby

February 26, 2007
Once Upon a Time When We Were Colored
by Clifton Taulbert
Led by Technical Service Librarian Crystal Giles

March 26, 2007
A Walk in the Woods
by Bill Bryson
Led by Public Service/Reference Librarian Maggie Moran

April 30, 2007
Princess: Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia
by Jean Sasson
Led by Learning Resource Director Margaret Rogers

4 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I read an ARC of Walk in the Woods years ago and really enjoyed it. I need to read some of Bryson's other books sometime.

maggie moran said...

He's a funny, funny man! The picture is my ARC from way back when...

This wonderful book inspired two of my patrons to walk the trail!

Anonymous said...

A Walk in the Woods is one of my favorite books, definitely my favorite Bryson. It even made me want to hike the AT someday (hah!)

maggie moran said...

Lesley, I'll walk with you someday! ;D