Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Quiz, Anyone?

GIFT Challenge #1

As you bask in the glow of your finely lit Christmas tree, I thought you might enjoy a holiday quiz. It is real simple and may require help from other family members. So, put down that angel-shaped cookie and back away from the eggnog!

Each paragraph is a quote from a beloved Christmas book, seven in all. You are to guess which book goes with each quote. Easy peasey, right? Well, I’m not going to give you the titles. To find the answers look at the following blog entry titled “Christmas Quiz Answers”. Good luck!

A. “The Kranks are skipping Christmas! No party! No tree! Nothing but money in their pockets so they can blow it on a cruise.”

B. “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach.”

C. Chapter title “My Old Man And The Lascivious Special Award That Heralded The Birth Of Pop Art”

D. “Maybe Christmas,” he thought, “doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas… perhaps… means a little bit more.”

E. “You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!”

F. “The Herdmans were absolutely the worst kids in the history of the world. They lied and stole and smoked cigars (even the girls) and talked dirty and hit little kids and cussed their teachers and took the name of the Lord in vain and set fire…”

G. “His eyes-how they twinkled! His dimples how merry! His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!”

H. “On Christmas Eve, many years ago, I lay quietly in my bed. I did not rustle the sheets. I was listening for a sound—a sound a friend had told me I’d never hear—the ringing bells of Santa’s sleigh.”

I. “…the Man, the Connection, Santa Claus himself”

J. “More rapid than eagles his coursers they came, and he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!”

K. “God bless us every one!”

No comments: