Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Thirteenth Tale (notes)

"All morning I struggled with the sensation of stray wisps of one world seeping through the cracks of another. Do you know the feeling when you start reading a new book before the membrane of the last one has had time to close behind you? You leave the previous book with ideas and themes--characters even--caught in the fibers of your clothes, and when you open the new book, they are still with you. Well, it was like that." p289-90

This same feeling happened after I finished Love in the Time of Cholera. The next four books I picked up to read were pure fluff compared to LitToC.

"What better place to kill time than in a library? And for me, what better way to get to know someone than through her choice and treatment of books?" p41

3 comments:

Booklogged said...

Thanks, Maggie for taking the time to make quotes. I read TT too fast and didn't make any notes. I love these quotes.

Booklogged said...

I read your comment about the neo-classic challenge. I love it and left a response under the I Need Help post dated Oct 5 on my blog. I think you should think about hosting a challenge set for Apr and May for reading NYT bestsellers. Great idea?!

maggie moran said...

I may just do that! I need some free time first. I'll see if I can get that on my schedule for 2007! :-D Maggie