Saturday, September 09, 2006

R.I.P. (Readers Imbibing Peril)


I’ve joined a motley crew of devilish readers on a journey to the dark side of books. We will explore the skeletons in the attics and underground batty abodes of eerie fiction or stranger-than-fiction non-fiction. If you dare, join us at R.I.P. Headquarters, where there is always room for one more body. *maniacal laughter *

My Challenge:
1.) Everyman by Philip Roth
2.) The Brief History of the Dead
by Kevin Brockmeier
3.) The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and Lucia Graves
4.) Spook by Mary Roach
5.) Thunderstruck by Erik Larson

Extra Credit or if Thunderstruck doesn’t get to my home in time…
A.) Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are both set to read 'Shadow of the Wind' - I'll be curious to see what we each think of it!

maggie moran said...

Can you guess where I got the idea for the title? ;-) Um, your blog! I'm such a copy cat and after reading Frankenstein I may just be a scaredy cat.

Rebecca H. said...

Looks like a great list! The Brockmeier book sounds particularly interesting.

Anonymous said...

That cartoon is so funny. Hope you enjoy Shadow of the Wind. It was one of my favorite reads last year.

Anonymous said...

ooh, Spook AND Frankenstein. Two of my favorites. Have a good time with them!