Saturday, September 30, 2006

In honor of R.I.P. ...

...I gave blood today.

I'm also reading The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield!

I never read without making sure I am in a secure position. I have been like this ever since the age of seven when, sitting on a high wall and reading The Water Babies, I was so seduced by the descriptions of underwater life that I unconsciously relaxed my muscles. Instead of being held buoyant by the water that so vividly surrounded me in my mind, I plummeted to the ground and knocked myself out. I can still feel the scar under my fringe now. Reading can be dangerous. (pg 4)

4 comments:

Booklogged said...

Cute title - In honor of R.I.P. I gave blood today! hehe

Hope you enjoy Thirteenth Tale. Will love to read your review.

maggie moran said...

So far I'm loving it! Very Gothic! Thanks for the suggestion...M

Carl V. Anderson said...

Glad you gave blood, kudos to you!

And glad you're reading Thirteenth Tale. It was wonderful. Look forward to reading your thoughts once you've finished.

maggie moran said...

Oh man, giving blood gives me the creeps, so what better thing to do when pursuing a creepy challenge. ;0

LOVING 13th Tale!