Monday, June 05, 2006

Good News!

Hot-diggity-dog!  

Como Elementary school has been awarded the 2006 Laura Bush Foundation Grant Award.  I wrote this, while between jobs, during the month of November.  This grant provides $5,000 dollars for books, and only children’s books, which we will not have to match.

This has been one of the most satisfying grants in my grant writing 10 years, not because it is the biggest, got one for $10,000 in 1998, but because I never thought I would get it.  We are a huge Democrat county in an even larger Democratic State.

Part of the grant calls for more reading time, like the DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) program.  Just another one of my sneaky plans to Make Mississippi Read!  *evil laugh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from NE Alabama.

maggie moran said...

Thanks! I'm all a teether. :)