Sunday, April 30, 2006

Zamba (notes)

I’m currently reading Zamba by Ralph Helfer and I must write these paragraphs before I get too far in and lose them…

“For some reason, Zamba’s behavior was appalling that evening. Everything that could have gone wrong, did. As soon as we got there, he spotted the lady’s artificial rabbit skin coat – and attacked it, giving it quite a thrashing. When I finally got it away from him, it was ripped and torn to pieces. Personally, I didn’t mind, but once he had finished “killing the rabbit,” he proceeded to pee on the furniture! As dinner was served, he gave an explosive sneeze and a shake, thoroughly spraying the meal with lion snot. And during the dinner, he wandered off into the kitchen and helped himself to a drink from the punch bowl.

Although our hosts were gracious, I couldn’t wait to get him out of there, and I said our good-byes with a palpable sense of relief. Unfortunately, Zamba wasn’t through. On the way out, he pinned their Great Dane to the floor and wouldn’t let him up. They thought he was going to kill their pet! Needless to say, we weren’t asked back.”

Oh, I forgot to mention Zamba, the dinner guest, is actually a full grown, 500-pound lion. Did he get the head of the table honors? ;-)

No comments: