Heidi Jane from Adventures in Bookland gave The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd a 4
out of 5 rating.
While over at Book Haven, Nyssaneala had a very different point of view.
out of 5 rating.While over at Book Haven, Nyssaneala had a very different point of view.
Personally, I like this book. But, I had to get The Secret Life of Bees out of my head first. The comparison was driving me nuts.
This is my book talk if anyone is interested. I pretend to be the daughter.
I am reading the Mermaid Chair now...and half way through went and bought The Secret Life of Bees! Can't wait to read that one, too!
ReplyDeleteI just finished The Secret Life of Bees (for the challenge), and I'm now extremely anxious to get my mitts on The Mermaid Chair.
ReplyDeleteIs the doll thing a cake or a messed up Barbie?
ReplyDeletethe cake is awesome! I read both books and liked the secret life of bees much better.
ReplyDeleteKelly & Debi, a slight forewarning the two books have only one thing in common, the author.
ReplyDeleteWW100 & TXMom, its a paper mache doll mounted on a wooden board. I found it googling "mermaid" and "wooden." It would make a great cake
I read The Secret Life of Bees and really liked it. I hope The Mermaid Chair is just as good!
ReplyDeleteYou are very right, Maggie. The two books are very different and I think it helped me that I had put a little distance between reading the two books. I enjoyed both very much.
ReplyDelete